Exercise to Enhance Your Quality of LifePosted: Updated:
Exercise to Enhance Your Quality of Life
Exercise increases the flow of oxygen which directly affects the brain, thus your mental acuity and memory can be improved with physical activity.
• The right exercises can give you the skill, coordination and strength to help you move more efficiently, which can greatly reduce a number of soft-tissue injuries related to poor movement quality.
• Exercises that involve a number of muscles at the same time burn more energy during the work out.
• The right exercise selection can increase your lean muscle mass, which can improve your metabolism, helping you to burn more calories while at rest.
The American Heart Association recommends 30-minutes of moderate activity which can also be done in three 10-minute periods of activity per day. 10-minutes 3 times a day may be more manageable for many who are just getting started with a movement program.
Here are some reasons why physical activity is proven to improve both mental and physical health.
• Builds a stronger immunity
• Improves blood circulation, which reduces the risk of heart disease
• Keeps weight under control
• Helps in the battle to quit smoking
• Improves blood cholesterol levels
• Prevents and manages high blood pressure
• Prevents bone loss
• Boosts energy level
• Helps manage stress
• Releases tension
• Promotes enthusiasm and optimism
• Counters anxiety and depression
• Helps you fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly
• Improves self-image
• Increases muscle strength, increasing the ability to do other physical activities
• Provides a way to share an activity with family and friends
• Reduces coronary heart disease in women by 30-40 percent
• Reduces risk of stroke by 20 percent in moderately active people and by 27 percent in highly active ones
• Establishes good heart-healthy habits in children and counters the conditions (obesity, high blood pressure, poor cholesterol levels, poor lifestyle habits, etc.) that lead to heart attack and stroke later in life
Movement is Life ~ Life is Movement ~ Movement is not optional if you want to live Life!