Transition Your Winter Wardrobe to Spring!Posted: Updated:
Transition Your Winter Wardrobe to Spring!
By: Alexa Salari, Savvy Fashionista
Spring is here and things are heating up in Arizona! But despite those rising temperatures, there are some simple ways to transition your winter apparel into spring. From flannels to scarves and cozy knit sweaters, your winter wardrobe does not have to hibernate this spring.
I love fashion, but not necessarily its outrageous prices. With a little patience as you scan those racks of clothes, you can find some great deals on trendy and chic clothing from places like Marshalls, T.J.Maxx and Nordstrom (which has some great pieces on its sale and clearance racks).
What’s trending this spring is pairing flannels with skirts:
1. Simply tuck your favorite flannel into a black leather mid-length skirt, add a mini jean jacket and some sparkly ballet flats, and you’re ready for a lunch date with close girlfriends!
2. But if you’re looking for a more modest and professional look, opt for a high-waisted pencil skirt. For spring, go with a bright color like yellow, tuck in an off-yellow colored flannel, pair the look with black pumps and add a chunky gold necklace for good measure.
3. Also really popular right now is the wrapping of flannels around skirts. A countless number of celebs love this uber cool look. I am frequent concert-goer myself, and all I’ve seen is this style this spring. I found a unique faux black leather and floral embroidered skirt, tucked in a bright white crop top with an interesting design around the neck, and then tied a flannel around the skirt. To give the look a little sparkle, add a bold statement necklace that matches the colors within the crop top.
Now I couldn’t leave out scarves and cozy knit sweaters, even in the spring:
1. For the winter scarf, I found a royal blue floral-printed scarf, but you can rock whatever your favorite color may be! I wrapped the scarf around a white flowy blouse and tucked the shirt into that same royal blue colored skirt. Swipe on a bright red lip to make the scarf pop!
2. The beloved cozy-knit sweater. For the spring, a bright-mint green knit tucked into a faux leather black skirt with floral embroidery make for a really stylish look! I added a gold and black spiked statement necklace for some pop. To top it off, add a bold black pump!
Cheers to our lovely Your Life A to Z Fashionistas!
XO, Savvy Fashionista, Alexa Salari