HOTLINE: Sunday, March 23Posted: Updated:
Dr. Art Mollen
16100 N. 71st St.
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Pool Safety/Home Hazard Prevention
According to the Drowning Prevention Coalition of Arizona, in 2013 there were 43 water related deaths in Maricopa County. Nick Hansen shared safety tips with 3TV.
Tax Goddess Express Shauna Wekherlien
The Tax Goddess shared tips on the 2013 tax filing and what may be different from last year.
Wally's Weekly Car Review
If you'd like to add Sunday's Sweetheart or any other pet to your family, contact The Arizona Humane Society at 602-997-7585.
For more information about AHS events and programs, visit www.azhumane.org.
Chef Dad's Irish Pub Nachos
-2 small or 1 large Russet potato(es) (baking)
-8 oz. cheddar or Colby Jack cheese (shredded)
-Sliced pickled jalapenos
-1/4 cup scallions (green onions) (green part only, diced)
-Vegetable, corn or canola oil (for frying)
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Poke several holes in your potatoes then bake for one hour. Remove from oven then wrap each potato in aluminum foil. Let them cool on your counter for one hour then refrigerate potatoes for at least two hours or overnight.
3. Preheat oven again to 425 degrees.
4. Slice potatoes about 1/4 inch thick then deep fry in 375-degree oil until golden brown (about three to four minutes). Remove from oil then sprinkle potatoes with salt and pepper.
5. Use a large casserole dish or iron skillet to put a single layer of the potatoes on the bottom then put a slice of the jalapeno over the middle of each potato. Sprinkle cheese over the top. Bake until cheese melts (about 10 minutes). After taking them out of the oven, sprinkle your green onions over the top. There is no need to remove them from the casserole dish when serving. Just warn your friends that the dish is hot and leave a spatula nearby to help themselves.
Cook's Notes: Sour cream or creamy horseradish sauce are nice for dipping with this. Other toppings could include cooked chopped bacon and/or diced fresh tomato.
Short cut: You can always buy a bag of frozen waffle fries and fry or bake some of them before adding the cheese and jalapeno.