Your Life A to Z Recipe: Monday, March 17th, 2014: Spaghetti & MeatballsPosted: Updated:
Spaghetti & Meatballs
EVOO ½ C
Onions (Chopped) 1.5 C
Garlic (Chopped) 2 Cloves
Sugar 1 Tbl
Salt 2 Tsp
Dry Oregano 2 Tsp
Dry Basil 2 Tsp
Chili Flakes 1 Tsp
Stewed Tomatoes 5 C
Red Wine ¼ C
Tomato Paste ½ C
1. Heat a skillet on med-high heat; add olive oil, and onions and cook to caramelize.
2. Add garlic and cook for one more minute.
3. Add sugar, salt, oregano, basil, and chili flakes, stir to incorporate.
4. Add the tomato paste, and keep stirring until it breaks down.
5. Then add the red wine to the pan, and cook for one minute.
6. Add the stewed tomatoes, and reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes.
7. Remove from heat, and blend with a hand blender until smooth.
Ground Veal 1.5#
Ground Pork 1/5#
Bread Crumbs ½ C
Onions 1 C
Chopped Garlic 1 tsp
Whole Egg 1 Ea.
Chili Flakes, Pinch
Whole Milk ¾ C
Grated Parmesan 2 Tbl
Fresh Chopped Parsley 1Tbl
Salt 1 Tbl
Black Pepper 1 tsp
EVOO ¼ C
1. Sweat onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
2. Add Chili flakes, salt, pepper, and remove from heat.
3. Cool onion mixture; soak the bread crumbs with the milk.
4. Place the Cooled onion mix, and the soaked bread crumbs in a large mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients, and mix gently by hand.
5. Portion into 3 oz meatballs.
6. Once all the meatballs are portioned heat a skillet with some canola oil, and sear the meatballs on all sides. (do not cook through)
7. Place meatballs in an oven safe pan, and cover with a 50/50 mixture of pomodoro sauce, and vegetable stock.
8. Cover with plastic wrap and foil, and bake for 45 minutes @ 350 degrees (internal temp of 150)