St. Patrick's Day eats: Corned beef hashPosted: Updated:
Deluxe Corned Beef Hash
2 tbsp. butter
2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 large onion
5 large Yukon Gold potatoes
2 lbs. cooked corned beef, cubed
2 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
1 large green pepper
1/4 tsp dried thyme leaves
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp. black pepper
Poached crispy egg
Hollandaise sauce for topping the egg
1. Melt butter with the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook the onion and pepper just until it begins to brown, about eight minutes. Stir in the potatoes, and cook until tender, about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2. Stir in the cubed corned beef, parsley, thyme, salt, and pepper. Let the mixture cook until hash is crisp and browned, stirring often, 10 to 15 more minutes.
3. Poach egg for seven minutes, then deep fry quickly for 20 seconds. Egg has to be a little runny. Egg is placed on top of hash. Add Hollandaise sauce on top of egg.
4 egg yolks
1 tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
1. Whisk egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl and until mixture is thickened.
2. Place the bowl over a sauce pan containing barely simmering water. The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl.
3. Continue to whisk rapidly. Don't let eggs get too hot or they will scramble.
4. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened.
5. Remove from heat and whisk in salt and cayenne
Spoke & Wheel Tavern
Spoke & Wheel is a family-style tavern and chef-driven eatery serving up contemporary American cuisine with a Southwestern flair.