Timo's Jumbo Lump Crab CakesPosted: Updated:
Timo's Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes
Makes 12 crab cakes (5 ounces each)
Ingredients for the crab cake mix:
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp. Old Bay seasoning
1 1/2 cup green opnions (chopped)
Chopped parsley (fresh)
Two whole eggs
Tabasco or Gun Slinger
1 tsp white sugar
Kosher salt (optional, depending on the salt content in the crab)
Make your batter first and add the lemon juice last so that it will not curdle the cream. Try not to break up the jumbo lump crab.
1.5 pounds lumbo lump crab
1 cup Panko-Parmesan mix (see recipe below)
Juice from a half fresh lemon
Recipe for the breading (Panko-Parmesan mix):
3 cups coarse (Japanese Panko), bread crumbs
1 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese (ground fine in the processor)
Mix the coarse bread crumbs with the fine ground parmesan cheese. Add one cup to the crab cake mixture and use the rest for the outside crust.
1. Make batter first
2. Add 1 1/2 cans (1.5 pounds), jumbo lump crab
3. Add lemon juice last so you don't curdle the cream
4. Add 1+ cups Panko-Parmesan mix (just enough to soak up excess)
5. Try not to break up the jumbo lump crab (do not over mix)
6. Let rest in frig for 15 minutes so the bread can soak up the excess batter
7. Make 5-ounce cakes using the ring mould
8. Coat the outside of the cakes (top and bottom only) before you remove the ring-mould
9. Remove from the ring mould and place on a half sheet pan with paper
Note: There should be no bread crumbs on the side (round edges). Brown on a hot flat top with clarified butter. Be sure the crab cake is hot in the center before you serve it (145 degrees minimum)
Timo Wood Oven Wine Bar
8801 N. Central Ave.
Monday - Friday: 11 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Sunday: 9:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Brunch Saturdays and Sundays: 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Live music every Thursday for happy hour. Wine bar happy hour every day from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
160 N. Portal Lane
Sedona, AZ 86336
Monday - Sunday: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Wednesday - Sunday: 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.