North Phoenix home damaged after garage catches fire

Posted: Updated:
By Christina O'Haver By Christina O'Haver
By Christina O'Haver By Christina O'Haver
By Christina O'Haver By Christina O'Haver
By Christina O'Haver By Christina O'Haver
By Christina O'Haver By Christina O'Haver

PHOENIX -- A North Phoenix home was damaged and an occupant was treated for a minor burn after the detached garage caught fire Friday, according to the Phoenix Fire Department.

Phoenix firefighters responded to the fire near 52nd Street and Cactus Road about 1:15 p.m.

Firefighters found the garage heavily involved in fire and saw that flames were spreading to the house, Phoenix Fire Capt. Ruben Saavedra said.

The fire was extinguished and a woman was treated at the scene for a minor burn on her hand, Saavedra said. She reportedly declined to be transported to a hospital.

Saveedra said the woman lives in the home with two other people.