Man dies after stove fire in Glendale apartment

Posted: Updated:
By Jennifer Thomas By Jennifer Thomas

GLENDALE, Ariz. (AP) -- Authorities say a man in his 70s is dead after his unattended stove started a fire in his Glendale apartment.
Glendale Fire Department investigators believe the fire began about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday after the man started cooking and left the meal unattended.
Fire crews extinguished the flames and contained the blaze to the kitchen. No other apartments were affected.
The man lived alone in the apartment near Northern and 51st avenues. His name hasn't been released yet.
Investigators say there's nothing suspicious about the fire and it appears to be accidental.
The cause of death will be determined by the Maricopa County Medical Examiner's Office.