PHOENIX -- Several businesses at a Phoenix strip mall will be closed this morning as the owners clean up after an early morning fire.
The Phoenix Fire Department responded to the strip mall at 19th Avenue and Camelback Road at about 2 a.m. Tuesday.
They arrived to see smoke billowing from the roof and overhang.
While it's not clear what sparked the fire, crews said it started in the roof in the corner of the building and spread to four businesses.
"The fire was traveling horizontally from the corner of the strip mall, going both directions to the small businesses," Phoenix fire Capt. Tony Mure explained.
Firefighters had things under control relatively quickly, keeping most of the fire damage to the outside of the building. There is, however, smoke and water damage.
It's not clear how long the affected businesses will be closed.
Business owners told 3TV's Jill Galus that there had been electrical problems with some of the outdoor lights for the past couple of weeks.
No injuries were reported.
4 businesses temporarily closed at 19th Ave/Camelback after fire. Business owners say they've been having electrical problems for weeks..— Jill Galus (@JillGalus) January 14, 2014
4 businesses temporarily closed at 19th Ave/Camelback after fire. Business owners say they've been having electrical problems for weeks..
Raw video from the Phoenix Fire Department