Marinated Flank Steak and Roasted PotatoesPosted: Updated:
Marinated Flank Steak (Cabana)
1/4Cup White Wine Vinegar
1/4 Cup Soy Sauce
3 Garlic Cloves (Crushed)
Juice of 1 Lime
1/4 Cup Olive oil
1.5 tsp. Each of Salt, Black pepper, White pepper, Garlic Powder, Chili Powder, Oregano, and Paprika
3 tsp. Ground Cumin
1. Preheat oven to 200°C about 390 F. Peel potatoes and cut into 5cm chunks. Place into a large saucepan. Cover with cold water.
2. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 15 minutes or until partially cooked (potatoes should be only just tender when pierced with a skewer).
3. Drain potatoes well. Return to saucepan over low heat until any remaining water evaporates. Shake saucepan vigorously to rough up surface of potatoes (this will make them crunchy when roasted). Alternatively, scrape surfaces of potatoes with a fork to create a rough texture.
4. Pour oil into a large roasting pan. Place roasting pan into oven for 5 minutes or until oil is hot. Working quickly, add potatoes to hot oil. Use tongs to turn potatoes to coat in oil, then return roasting pan to oven.
5. Roast potatoes for 40 minutes. Turn and roast for a further 30 minutes or until golden and crisp. Season with salt. Serve immediately.