6 Beauty resolutions to make for 2014Posted: Updated:
1. Wash your face: It sounds easy enough, but a lot of women don't wash their face before bed - or they don't do it properly. If ever you've been too tired to wash up and gone to bed with a full face of makeup, the makeup settles into the skin causing wrinkles and large pores. And if you struggle with adult acne, this is the worst thing you can do for your skin. Scrub your face, every night, and use a makeup remover for long wear foundation and eye makeup.
2. Clean your makeup brushes: Your makeup brushes they will last you for years if you care for them properly. You will also notice fewer breakouts and better results from your makeup.
3. Use retinoids: Along with sunscreen, retinoids are one of the key components in dermatologists' dream team of skin care.
4. Drink more water: Water will flush toxins from your body, which helps you lose weight, improves your skin, joints, hair, nails and muscles, and last, but not least, it's great for your heart. You can also supplement water intake with foods that are high in water concentration.
5. Use antioxidants: Antioxidants like vitamin C, Q10, alpha-lipoic acid, and green/white tea prevent free radicals from damaging your skin. Free radicals are partially responsible for wrinkles, eye bags, etc. Topically, vitamin C is probably the most powerful antioxidant for your skin. It is proven to stimulate collagen production and brighten your skin tone.
6. Wear sunscreen. This is the No. 1 beauty resolution you should make in the new year. The SPF 15 that may be in your moisturizer or makeup is not enough. Everyone should be wearing 1 ounce of pure sunscreen or zinc oxide on the face every day, rain or shine.
Shapiro Aesthetic Plastic Surgery and Skin Klinic
5410 N. Scottsdale Rd., Ste F-100