Valley restaurants to host 'Healthy Eats Week'Posted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- Keep your New Year's resolution to eat healthier while still dining at your favorite local spots.
The inaugural "Healthy Eats Week" will take place from Jan. 4 to 11 at restaurants throughout the Valley.
It's a chance for local restaurants to showcase their most health-conscious fare at a time when diners are particularly focused on eating healthy.
Nick LaRosa, chef at Nook Kitchen in Phoenix, shared his halibut salad and citrus vinaigrette recipes.
6 oz. halibut
4 oz. mixed greens
Six grape tomatoes, cut lengthwise
1/8 cup of diced cucumber diced
One radish sliced thin
1/4 of an avocado, diced
1 T Cotija cheese as garnish
3 T citrus vinaigrette coat salad greens
1. Season halibut with salt and pepper, then spray a non-stick pan with pan spray to sear and cook off fish. Extra virgin olive oil can be used as a substitute.
2. Cook until firm, flipping the halibut only once.
3. Add all ingredients to a bowl and toss.
4. Top the salad with cooked halibut and garnish with cotija cheese. Enjoy.
One lemon, juiced and zested
One orange, juiced and zested
1/2 cup of rice vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
1.5 tsp. whole coriander
1.5 cup extra virgin olive oil or canola oil
1 T honey
1. Measure coriander and grind in spice grinder.
2. Combine all ingredients in a blender except the oil. The oil is gradually added to the blender while it is running to emulsify the dressing.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
A hand whisk can be used instead of a blender, but you must whisk quickly to emulsify the dressing.