Simple and quick makeup tips for holiday partiesPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX – People are gearing up for party season as the holidays roll around.
Bryan Barron, makeup expert and co-author of “Don’t Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me,” visited "Good Morning Arizona" Friday to share some tips for partygoers who may not have too much time to go home and get ready after work.
- Invest in a small mini brush set that is portable and has all the basics.
- Use a small clutch bag, like one of the freebies you get as a gift with a purchase from a department store. Put the clutch in your regular bag and stow all the essentials you need.
- Some essentials include lipstick, lip gloss, pressed powder and liquid eyeliner.
- Pack a small sponge that can be used to reblend everything from the morning.
- Consider a product like MAC Fix Plus. It’s similar to toner and produces a fine mist. Mist your face if skin looks dry at the end of the day and it will refresh everything.
- After misting, use a sponge or brush to move over your entire face.
- Dust a little bit of shimmer powder, but don’t powder everywhere on your face. Use it sparingly to highlight your best features.
- Apply liquid liner and wing it slightly at the end to add some more glam to your eyes.
- Touch up lip gloss.
These tips are simple enough to do in the bathroom, at work or even in your car.
If you tend to overpack your makeup bag, "Keep in mind you only have two to three minutes to touch up, so you have to think about what's most important," Barron said.
To learn more, click here.