PHOENIX -- Need design inspiration for your front door this holiday season? The door, after all, sets the tone for your holiday decor.
Kristin Forgione is a stylist and founder of The Lifestyled Company who specializes in taking design ideas we attempt (and hope looks good), and then adds her unique touch to pull off a look you will love.
Thankfully, Forgione realizes most of us don't want to spend a fortune for a look that lasts less than 60 days. She shares these quick and easy tips to make your neighbors say, "Wow!"
1. Purchase or reuse a piece of real or faux pine garland, typically about 6 feet long.
Search for a long, colorful and sparkly ornament garland to compliment.
2. Take the pine and ornamental garland and begin at one end, weaving the two pieces together. While wrapping them, fluff each garland piece to resemble your best-looking pine tree.
3. Add candy canes, bows, ribbon or anything you have that's large enough to catch the eye of people walking by (or standing at your front door).
4. Hang your garland around the top of your front door using hooks or a staple gun.
5. If you have a fall or Halloween piece that was at your door, you might be able to switch out some items. Replace what's on top of the base with a small flocked tree. Finish up by adding extra-large ornaments or bows along with a festive ribbon and place it next to your front door.