Your Life A to Z Recipe: Thursday, November 14th, 2013: Savory PancakePosted: Updated:
Your Life A to Z Recipe: Thursday, November 14th
By: Chef Lori Hashimoto, Hana Japanese Eatery
Cabbage 14 oz.
Shrimp 8 pc.
Pork loin (thin slice) 8 oz.
Okonomiyaki flour 8 oz.
Water 8 oz.
Eggs 2 whole
Oil 2 tbsp.
Mayonnaise 1/4 cup
Okonomiyaki sauce 1/4 cup
Aonori 1 tbsp.
Green onion 1/4 cup
Katsuobushi 1/4 cup
Red ginger 1/4 cup
Worcestershire sauce 6 oz.
Ketchup 6 oz.
Sugar 3 oz.
1. Cut cabbage, shrimp & pork into small squares. Cut green onions thinly along the bias. Set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl, mix flour, eggs & water into a thick batter consistency. Place cabbage, shrimp & pork into batter and mix gently.
3. Bring medium size non stick pan to medium low heat. Put 1/2 tbsp oil into the pan. Gently pour mixture into the center of the pan & fan out to make a 8-10 inch pancake about 1&1/2 inches high.
4. Cook for 6 minutes on each side.
5. Return to a serving plate & top w/ mayonnaise, okonomiyaki sauce, Aonori, green onion, katsuobushi & red ginger.
Cut into slices like a pizza & enjoy!