Weekend Warrior: Kitchen ImprovementPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- "Good Morning Arizona" kicked off a new home improvement segment called "Weekend Warrior" Friday.
The segment features simple tasks you can do around your house to update your home without doing full remodels. Each Friday, "Weekend Warrior" will play on "Good Morning Arizona" at 7:45 a.m., 8:45 a.m. and 9:45 a.m., and each week will show renovation tips for different parts of the home.
Leigh and John Kohrs of Kohrs Construction provided some tips on kitchen cabinet restorations. Leigh handles design at the company while her husband is the contractor and implements the design.
On "Good Morning Arizona" Friday, Leigh and John created glass cabinets and added new knobs.
Cabinet Renovation Steps
- Unscrew the hinges on the cabinet doors and remove them from the cabinets
- Pop out the center panel, using a 1/4-inch bit to rout it out
- Place in a glass panel where the wood center was before
- Glue in the glass to seal it in place
- Let dry for 24 hours then place the new door back on the cabinet
- Place painters tape on the cabinets where knobs would be placed
- Measure 1.5 inches in from the bottom and outside of the cabinet and mark the tape
- Drill a hole with a drill gun then screw in the knobs
Tune in to "Weekend Warrior" next Friday to learn about renovations for the bathroom. Leigh and John will focus on tile work and will turn a dresser into a vanity.
To learn more, click here.