Kick-off party prepares for Scottsdale ShowdownPosted: Updated:
MARICOPA, Ariz. -- Ultrastar Multi-tainment Center at Ak-Chin Circle will be hosting a kickoff party on Friday, October 11 for the Scottsdale Showdown. Scottsdale Showdown will be held at West World on Saturday, October 19.
The Showdown Kick-Off Party is a free, family friendly event held from 5-10 p.m. The event will feature an appearance from Tuff Hedeman, a championship CBR Bull Rider, a mechanical bull, music, food, and family activities.
Chris Fisher, executive chef at UltraStar Multi-tainment Center at Ak-Chin Circle visited Good Morning Arizona Wednesday to cook an espresso jalapeno barbecue sauce for ribs.
Espresso Jalapeno Barbecue Sauce Recipe
- 2 medium yellow onions chopped
- 2 jalapenos seeded chopped
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup brewed espresso
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 T cumin
- 1 ½ T dry mustard
- 2 T worchestershire
- ½ cup water
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup molasses
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Mix the jalapenos, onion and garlic together.
2) Add the remaining ingredients and mix everything together.
3) Simmer the sauce for about 35-40 minutes.
4) Strain the sauce depending on how chunky you want it to be.
5) Grill ribs about halfway through, then add sauce and finish grilling.
For more information, visit: www.ultrastarakchin.com.