Arizona Highways accidentally describes mushroom as edible

Posted: Updated:
By Andrew Michalscheck By Andrew Michalscheck

PHOENIX -- Arizona Highways magazine says they accidentally encouraged people to eat a dangerous mushroom in their October issue.

On Friday, the publication said that on page 13 of their October installment they identify the fly agaric mushroom as edible.

The mushroom, however, is not edible because if eaten raw it has unpredictable psychotropic and physical effects.

“This issue will not be sold on newsstands, and we are alerting our subscribers to the mistake. We regret the error,” said Win Holden, publisher of Arizona Highways magazine.