Man hospitalized after fire breaks out at Phoenix home

Posted: Updated:
By Andrew Michalscheck By Andrew Michalscheck
By Andrew Michalscheck By Andrew Michalscheck
By Andrew Michalscheck By Andrew Michalscheck
By Andrew Michalscheck By Andrew Michalscheck

PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Fire Department said a 61-year-old man had to be hospitalized Saturday morning after a fire broke out at a home near Bell Road and 7th Avenue.

According to fire officials, the man discovered the fire in a back bedroom and tried to drag a bedspread through the front door.

The fire then spread to the attic and caused the roof to partially collapse.

The cause of the fire still has yet to be determined.

Fire officials said the man needed treatment for smoke inhalation and minor burns to his head and face.