Mushroom Gratin with Egg & TrufflePosted: Updated:
Mushroom Gratin with Egg & Truffle
Oyster mushroom- 1 lb
White crab mushroom- 4 oz
Brown crab mushroom- 4 oz
Abalone mushroom- 8 oz
Fingerling potatoes- 8 oz
Mozzarella balls- 8 oz
Parmesan (grated) - 1/2 cup
Bread crumbs- 1/4 cup
Canola oil- 6 oz
Truffle oil- to taste
Chives (diced) - 2 oz
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Chop all mushrooms into bite size pieces & sauté in a large pan with canola oil on med/high heat until lightly browned. (Salt & pepper to taste)
2. Cut fingerlings in half. Toss in a large mixing bowl with oil salt & pepper. Lay cut side down on a sheet tray & cook in a 400 degree oven for 12 min. Pull out of oven & let cool for 15 minutes. When cooled slice into 1/2 inch pieces.
3. Mix mushrooms & potatoes together in a large mixing bowl. With your hands form mixture into 8 patties.
4. Slice mozzarella balls into 8 slices. Top mushroom patties with the sliced mozzarella, bread crumbs & grated parmesan.
5. Bake in 400 degree oven for 6-8 minutes until mozzarella & parmesan is melted over the mushrooms.
6. While the cheese is melting over the mushrooms pan fry eggs to desired temperature. (I recommend sunny side up because the egg yolk turns into the sauce)
7. Serve mushrooms in individual bowls with a fried egg on top.
8. Garnish with truffle oil & chives.