Details on escort of fallen firefighters to PrescottPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- The Phoenix Fire Department is assisting the Town of Prescott and surrounding communities as they manage the horrendous loss of 19 brothers from the Granite Mountain Hotshots team.
Part of the assistance involves the escort of vehicles containing the fallen from the Maricopa County Medical Examiner’s office in central Phoenix to the Town of Prescott via Yarnell on Sunday morning, July 7, 2013.
Members of the public are able to participate in the event by paying their respects at Wesley Bolin Memorial Plaza, 1700 W. Washington Street. This will be a vantage point to view the passing vehicles containing the fallen heroes.
The public is being asked to note the time change from 10:00 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
The public is strongly encouraged to go to Wesley Bolin Memorial Plaza proper. There will be crossed ladders at 15th Avenue and Washington. Fire vehicles will be lining the north and south curbs going east from that location. There will be limited line-of-site access from the curbs due to the fire apparatus.
The public will NOT have an opportunity to participate in the escort at any point.
Sunday July 7, 2013
Start Location: 8th Ave and Madison Ave
1. North on 8th Ave to Washington Ave
2. West on Washington Ave which turns into Adams
3. West on Adams to I-17
4. North on I-17 to State Route 74 (Carefree Hwy)
5. West on State Route 74 to US 60
6. North on US 60 through Wickenburg to US 93
7. West on US 93 to State Route 89
8. North on State Route 89 to Prescott
9. State Route 89 turns into White Spar Rd.
10. White Spar Rd turns into Montezuma St.
11. North on Montezuma St to Navajo Dr
12. East on Navajo Dr to 6th St
13. South on 6th St to Moeller St
14. East on Moeller St to Pleasant St
15. South on Pleasant St to Sheldon St
16. East on Sheldon St to Gurley St
17. East on Gurley St to State Route 89
18. North on State Route 89 to State Route 89A
19. East on 89A to N. County Fair Trail
20. South on N. County Fair Trail to 7100 N. County Fair Trail
Areas in BOLD (Navajo Drive to 6th St. to Pleasant St. to Sheldon St.) are closed to the public. This includes the areas from Navajo Dr. to Sheldon St.
Final Destination: 7100 N. County Fair Trail