Grilled Tomato Bread & Tomato SlawPosted: Updated:
Grilled Tomato Bread
Noble Country Bread- 1 small loaf (or any artisan country bread)
Heirloom tomato- 2 lbs
Olive oil- 1/4 cup
Sea salt- 2 tsp
1. Cut bread into 1 inch slices. Rinse tomatoes & cut into quarters.
2. Put all ingredients into a blender & blend until smooth.
3. Put bread slices into puree for 1 minute to soak.
4. Place the soaked bread on grill, grill pan or saute pan on high heat. Grill until browned.
Heirloom tomatoes- 1 lb
Summer squash- 1/2 lb
Basil- 2 oz
White balsamic- 2 tbsp
Grated parmesan- 1/4 cup
Mayonnaise- 4 tbsp
Chive- 1 oz
Salt & pepper, to taste
1. Cut tomatoes into 8ths, julienne summer squash, chiffonade basil & dice chives
2. in a mixing bowl mix white balsamic mayo & parmesan. Then add all the tomatoes, squash & herbs to the bowl & toss. Season to taste with salt & pepper.