Community support crosses state lines into OklahomaPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- Support the lives affected by today’s extreme weather in the Oklahoma City area by donating to The Salvation Army and the American Red Cross.
To support The Salvation Army:
- Give online at www.SalvationArmyUSA.org or by calling 1-800-SAL-ARMY (1-800-725-2769).
- You can also text the word “STORM” to 80888 to make a $10 donation through your mobile phone; to confirm your gift, respond with the word “Yes.”
- Donations in the form of checks designated to Oklahoma Tornado Relief may also be mailed to: The Salvation Army, PO Box 12600, Oklahoma City, OK 73157
Think $10 won't make a difference? Think again...here's what your dollar donations mean to The Salvation Army:
A $10 donation feeds a disaster survivor for one day.
A $30 donation provides one food box, containing staple foods for a family of four, or one household cleanup kit, containing brooms, mops, buckets and other cleaning supplies
A $100 donation can serve snacks and drinks for 125 survivors and emergency personnel at the scene of a disaster
A $250 donation can provide one hot meal to 100 people or keep a hydration station operational for 24 hours
A $500 donation keeps a Salvation Army canteen (mobile feeding unit) fully operational for one day
To support the American Red Cross:
- Give online directly to the Oklahoma chapter at http://www.redcross.org/ok/oklahoma-city, or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) for English or 1/800-257-7575 for Spanish.
- You can also text the word “REDCROSS” to 90999 to make a $10 donation to American Red Cross Disaster Relief through your mobile phone.
- Donations in form of a check can be sent to American Red Cross, PO Box 4002018, Des Moines, IA 50340. Be sure to write "Distater Relief" on the memo line of your check to ensure it goes directly to support those affected by the Oklahoma tornado.