HOTLINE: Saturday, April 20Posted: Updated:
Brilliant Baby Products
More information on Brilliant Baby Products and the products featured in the segment is available on our website: www.brilliantbabyproducts.com
Serving the Valley at eight locations:
Ahwatukee: 4723 E. Ray Rd.
Arrowhead: 7565 West Bell Rd.
Desert Ridge: 21001 Tatum Blvd., #93
Gilbert: 4928 S. Power Rd.
Metro Center: 10046 North 26th Dr.
Scottsdale: 9029 E. Indian Bend Rd.
Tempe: 1410 East Southern Ave.
Uptown Phoenix: 52 East Camelback Rd.
If you want to enjoy a meal outdoors, here are a few tips to celebrate a "green" picnic:
- Skip the paper plates or plastic plates. A meal with your regular dinnerware can not only reduce waste, it upgrades the outdoor dining experience!
- Choose locally grown, in-season veggies. Sticking with local sourcing reduces shipping times and the number of delivery trucks on the road which lowers the carbon footprint of your meal.
- No paper napkins needed… instead, use a charming dishtowel to wrap your silverware and clean up after the meal. This is actually stylish a trend we're seeing in restaurants across the Valley.
- Choose a picnic location close to home. Maybe even a backyard picnic with friends. You'll save on gas. Better yet, ride a bike!
- Of course, tidy up your picnic site. Although there shouldn't be any waste to pick up, make sure to wipe down the picnic table for the next guests.
- Sweet Tomatoes recently reopened locations in Tempe and Peoria, with updated interiors. Expect the same favorite Sweet Tomatoes offerings, but with an upgraded look and feel.
- If you don't have time to put together a picnic, ride a bike to your nearest "Green Certified Restaurant."
Picnic Lemon Linguine with Fresh Basil
½ pound dry linguine
1 diced roma tomato
½ cup fresh basil
3 tbs lemon zest
juice from ½ lemon
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbs Dijon mustard
1 tps kosher salt
1 tps white sugar
pinch black pepper
½ cup olive oil
Add dry linguine to lightly salted water. Cook for 8 minutes, or according to directions on package. Strain, and toss with 2 tbs of olive oil. Chill for 20 minutes in the refrigerator.
Combine all ingredients for dressing in a large salad bowl. Wisk until combined well, set aside.
Next, combine the chilled linguine and dressing, chopped tomato and lightly toss. To finish, chop fresh basil into threads and sprinkle over the pasta salad.