Help Boston & TexasPosted: Updated:
PHOENIX – 3TV has joined forces with the Bashas’ family of stores across the state to show our support for the victims and lives affected by the tragic Boston Marathon Bombings and devastating fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas.
Donations are being accepted at ALL area Bashas’, Food City and AJ’s Fine Food locations and will go directly to support The Salvation Army’s efforts in Texas and Boston. The Salvation Army continues to have a strong presence in each community and is dedicated to standing by them as it rebuilds, providing much needed resources until the community is back on its feet, long after most other organizations have packed up and headed home.
Boston Marathon Bombing support facts:
- Since 3:00 a.m. ET, five Salvation Army mobile feeding units have been deployed to the Command Center, which has been established in a mall parking lot in the Boston suburb of Watertown.
- As of 10 a.m. ET 1,100 meals, snacks and drinks have been served to law enforcement
- Since Monday, April 15, The Salvation Army has served 6,000 items to survivors and first responders in Boston,
West, Texas support facts:
- Five disaster mobile kitchens are all serving at the scene, each with the capacity to feed up to 2,500 meals a day.
- Delivered 50 cases of blankets, rain gear and other supplies.
- Providing emotional and spiritual care to survivors and first responders at several locations in and around West.
You can also show your support for The Salvation Army through traditional channels, such as:
- MAIL - Please send checks to The Salvation Army, P.O. Box 36607, Dallas, TX 75235
- PHONE - Please call 1-800-SAL-ARMY
- ONLINE - Visit www.salvationarmytexas.org