Lemon Herb Chicken Breasts with Spring VegetablesPosted: Updated:
Yield: 4-6 servings
2 each Double chicken breast, skinless, approx 10oz. each
1 recipe Lemon Herb Marinade (recipe follows)
To taste Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 Tbsp Olive oil
1-1/2 lb Japanese eggplant cut in 1” dice (about 4 each)
1 small Onion, peeled, quartered and thinly sliced
2 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
1/2 lb Asparagus, cut into 1” pieces
3 each Tomatoes, peeled and cut in chunks (1 lb)
1 each Red bell pepper, roasted, seeded and cut into 1” dice
1 each Yellow bell pepper, roasted, seeded and cut into 1” dice
12 each Basil leaves, torn in half (leave a few sprigs for garnish)
2 tsp Fresh thyme
As needed Feta cheese, crumbled
1. Place a chicken breast between two pieces of saran wrap on a cutting board and flatten with a meat mallet or the side of a heavy cleaver. Repeat with the other breast. Place in a glass or stainless steel pan and pour the Lemon Herb Marinade over. Refrigerate at least four hours or better yet overnight.
2. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Broil under high heat for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until an instant read thermometer reads 165 degrees internal temperature. Transfer to a platter.
3. Heat a large skillet over high heat, add 2 Tbsp of the olive oil and toss in the eggplant. Season with salt and pepper and brown well on all sides; transfer eggplant to a bowl and set aside. Return the skillet to the fire, lower heat to medium and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the onion, garlic and asparagus. Season with salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are tender; about 6 minutes.
4. Return the eggplant to the pan, add the tomatoes and roasted peppers to the skillet and cook until vegetables are tender. Toss in the basil and thyme and adjust seasoning. Spoon on top of the chicken and garnish with fresh herbs and feta.
Lemon Herb Marinade
2 Tbsp Lemon juice
3 Tbsp Olive oil
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp Honey
1 each Shallot, finely diced
1 each Garlic clove, finely chopped
1 Tbsp Fresh oregano, chopped
1 Tbsp Fresh thyme, chopped
1. Whisk together all ingredients in a mixing bowl