ADOT warns of weekend congestion for construction, Renaissance FestivalPosted: Updated:
Before you head out this weekend, make a note of these weekend construction closures and restrictions from the Arizona Department of Transportation. ADOT is also warning drivings to prepare for heavier traffic if headed out to the Renaissance Festival.
• Interstate 10 on- and off-ramps at 75th Avenue in Phoenix closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Feb. 25) for pavement improvements. 75th Avenue also narrowed to one lane in each direction near I-10. DETOUR: Drivers can exit or enter I-10 via 67th or 83rd avenues.
• Westbound Grand Avenue (US 60) narrowed to one lane between 71st and 75th avenues from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday (Feb. 23-24) for bridge painting. DETOUR: Please consider using an alternate route or allow extra travel time in work zone.
• Eastbound Grand Avenue (US 60) narrowed to one lane overnight between 75th and 71st avenues from 7 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday (Feb. 24) for removal of temporary concrete barrier wall. DETOUR: Please be prepared to merge safely in the work zone.
• Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) off-ramps at Hawes Road in Mesa closed from 10 p.m. Friday to 5 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 23) for work on future State Route 24 (Gateway Freeway) interchange. DETOUR: Consider using off-ramps at Power Road.
• Southbound Interstate 17 on-ramp and frontage road at Dunlap Avenue in Phoenix closed from 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. Sunday (Feb. 24) for roadway maintenance. DETOUR: Use southbound on-ramps at Peoria or Northern avenues.
• US 60 (Superstition Freeway) will have heavier traffic at times over the weekend in the Apache Junction and Gold Canyon areas due to Renaissance Festival. DETOUR: Please allow extra travel time.