Freeway closures, restrictions for East and West ValleyPosted: Updated:
Before you head out this weekend, make a note of these freeway construction projects from the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT). Closures and restrictions will affect both the West Valley and the East Valley.
• Southbound Interstate 17 closed between the I-10 ‘Stack’ interchange and 19th Avenue from 10 p.m. Friday to 11 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 2) for bridge repair work. Both I-10 ramps to southbound I-17 closed. Southbound I-17 on-ramps at McDowell Road and Grant Street closed. DETOUR: Southbound I-17 traffic can detour onto eastbound I-10 at the Stack. Consider exiting well ahead of closure and using other routes.
• Westbound Interstate 10 ramp to northbound Loop 101 in West Valley closed from 4 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 2) for barrier wall maintenance. DETOUR: Consider using 83rd or 91st avenues as northbound routes to travel beyond ramp closure.
• Interstate 10 narrowed to one lane in both directions overnight between Estrella Boulevard and Citrus Road from 10 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Feb. 3) for lane restriping. Freeway ramps in the area will remain open. DETOUR: Please use caution and be prepared to merge safely in work zones.
• Southbound Interstate 17 closed at Greenway Road from 11 p.m. Friday to 9 a.m. Saturday (Feb. 2) for installation of traffic flow sensors. Northbound Interstate 17 also closed at Greenway Road from 11 p.m. Saturday to 9 a.m. Sunday (Feb. 3). DETOUR: Traffic will use the off- and on-ramps at Greenway Road to travel around closures.
• Eastbound Loop 202 (Santan Freeway) closed between Power and Hawes roads from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (Feb. 2) for lane striping. Westbound Loop 202 also narrowed to one lane between Elliot and Power roads during same hours for removal of temporary concrete safety barriers. DETOUR: Eastbound Loop 202 traffic will go south on Power Road, east on Ray Road and north on Hawes Road to travel beyond closure.
• Grand Avenue (US 60) narrowed to one lane in both directions between 71st and 84th avenues from 7 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (Feb. 4) for paving. DETOUR: Drivers should consider using alternate routes while restrictions are in place.