Lemon Garlic BrocoliniPosted: Updated:
Broccolini's long, tender stalks are completely edible and their mild-tasting loose florets and occasional yellow flowers are wonderfully delicious. I like to serve it simply, tossed in a bit of olive oil with a squeeze of lemon juice, so that its fresh flavor shines through.
• 1 pound broccolini or "baby broccoli"
• 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra virgin
• 2 cloves Garlic, slivered
• 2 tablespoons water
• zest from one lemon
• juice from 1 lemon
• 1 pinch sea salt
• 1 pinch pepper
1. Rinse broccolini thoroughly. Cut of stem ends and peel thicker stems to get off any tough skin.
2. Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet. Add garlic cloves, and turn the heat to medium. When garlic begins to color and becomes fragrant add broccolini and sauté for 3 minutes.
3. Add water to the pan, cover and let steam for 3 minutes or until broccolini becomes crisp-tender. Add lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Taste for seasoning and serve warm or at room temperature.