Banana, Granola and Yogurt ParfaitsPosted: Updated:
1 cup low-fat or nonfat plain greek style yogurt
2 T shelled raw sunflower seeds, toasted
1T Honey, plus more for drizzling
2 ripe bananas, peeled & sliced thin
½ cup granola (recipe to follow)
1. In a small bowl, stir together the yogurt, 1T sunflower seeds and honey.
2. spoon ¼ cup of yogurt into the bottom of two serving dishes or parfait glasses.
3. sprinkle 2T of granola into each dish and top with one quarter of the banana slices
4. repeat layering, using the remaining yogurt, granola, and bananas.
5. Drizzle the parfaits with honey, sprinkle with remaining 1T of sunflower seeds.
6. Serve right away.
6T Maple syrup
6T Brown sugar
¼ cup vegetable oil
1T vanilla extract
1t ground cinnamon
½ t salt
3 cups old fashion oats
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup raw, whole macadamia nuts
½ cup shelled raw pistachios
½ cup sliced almonds
½ cup dried, tart cherries, cranberries or blueberries
½ cup sweetened shredded coconut
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a large bowl, stir together the maple syrup, brown sugar, oil, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt until well combined
3. Add the oats, sesame seeds, macadamia nuts, pistachios, and almonds and stir until the ingredients are evenly coated.
4. Spread the mixture into an even layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake until evenly golden on top, about 1 ¼ hours, stirring every 20min or so.
5. Let the granola cool on the baking sheet.
6. Add dried cherries and coconut and toss to combine.
7. The granola will keep in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 1 month.