My Family's Holiday Recipe for Pumpkin SupremePosted: Updated:
To my delight, a lot of viewers wanted this recipe after I showed it last year, so I'm doing it again in case you missed it. Read on to get my sister-in-law’s long-time family recipe for a dessert that is different from pumpkin pie, more decadent and crowd-pleasing. It comes from generations of her East Texas family and the first time she brought it to our Thanksgiving dinner, I was hooked.
With ingredients like pumpkin, whipped cream, cream cheese and chopped pecans , your guests will be lining up for seconds. Here is the recipe, compliments of my sister-in-law, Stephanie Harris and her Texas family.
For a unique serving idea, try this recipe below in individual mason jars. Simply make this in several glass mason jars instead of the 9 x 12 pyrex dish. The cooking time is the same and you can purchase the mason jars at Sur la Table for $3.99 each. So make it in a big community dish or serve it up in individual smaller servings premade in mason jars. A fun and different twist. Enjoy!
What You Need:
1 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped pecans
1 8 oz. cream cheese
1 big container cool whip
3/4 cup milk
2 small boxes of instant vanilla pudding
1 regular sized can of pumpkin
dash of cinnamon
What You Do:
1. Mix graham cracker crumbs and 1 cup of the sugar in with the butter.
2. Press this mixture into a 9 x 12 Pyrex dish, so that this becomes the crust.
3. Combine eggs with the 3/4 cup of sugar and cream cheese.
4. Mix until fluffy.
5. Spread over crust.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
7. When completely cool (can even refrigerate overnight), go on to next step.
8. Mix 3/4 cup milk with two boxes of instant vanilla pudding.
9. Add pumpkin.
10. Fold in one cup of cool whip.
11. Spread over cooled cream cheese mixture.
12. Cover with remaining Cool Whip and sprinkle nuts on top.
What are your favorite holiday dessert recipes? Share here in the comments section and remember to check my website at www.managedmoms.com for more recipes, beauty news, parenting talk, pet pics and more. Happy Holidays!