Apartment residents suffer carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted: Updated:
By Andrew Michalscheck By Andrew Michalscheck

PHOENIX -- Nearly a dozen people were forced to evacuate a Phoenix apartment complex Saturday night due to carbon monoxide poisoning.

Phoenix Fire responded to the Los Colinas at Black Canyon apartments near 27th Drive and Carefree Highway after someone left a car running in a closed garage for several hours.

Eight people suffered carbon monoxide poisoning, and five had to be treated at the hospital. Three people, including two children, were given oxygen at the scene.