PHOENIX (AP) -- Jury selection is scheduled to begin Wednesday for the mother of an Arizona boy missing since December 2009.
Elizabeth Johnson is being tried in a Phoenix court on charges of kidnapping and conspiracy to commit custodial interference.
The 26-year-old Tempe woman has been jailed without bond since January 2010. She previously was deemed mentally unfit to stand trial, but has since been restored to competency.
Opening statements are set for Sept. 19 and court officials say the trial is expected to last until early November.
Johnson first said she smothered her 8-month-old son Gabriel and put him in the trash. She later recanted and said she gave the baby to a couple in San Antonio, Texas.
Gabriel has never been found, and authorities don't know whether the boy is alive.