PRESCOTT, Ariz. -- Sprinklers are being credited for preventing a second fire this year on Prescott’s famed Whiskey Row.
Smoke was seen emerging from the basement of the St. Michaels Hotel Tuesday night, said city officials.
Fire crews entered the building and found a pile of burning rags on top of a washing machine. They said the sprinkler system stopped the flames from doing any damage to the hotel.
Back in May, an appliance malfunctioned and started a fire that damaged Whiskey Row’s Bird Cage Saloon, Pearl’s Café, and the Prescott Food Company.
The building that housed the three businesses has since been demolished.