Anthem home burns twice, neighbor's home catches fire

Posted: Updated:
By Andrew Michalscheck By Andrew Michalscheck

ANTHEM, Ariz. -- It was Thursday afternoon when Daisy Mountain Firefighters went to put out a house fire in a gated community in Anthem.

They found the garage attic of a 3,000 square foot home on fire. After putting it out, they discovered it was probably caused by a plumber soldering copper pipe together for a sprinkler system.

Daisy Mountain Fire thought it was fully out, until they got a call early Friday morning from a neighbor saying the home was on fire again.

This time, the fire was too much to handle and the firefighters had to go defensive in order to protect the neighboring homes.

Once the fire was out, the home was believed to be a total loss.

The family was able to escape the initial fire and was spending the night at a hotel when the second fire sparked up. But this fire wasn't done yet.

At around 8 a.m. Friday, Daisy Mountain Fire got another call of a fire, this time it was the neighbor's home.

They believe it was sparked by embers that got into the attic. As of Friday morning, Daisy Mountain Fire didn't believe these fires were suspicious.