Summer succotash and Chompie's Potato PancakesPosted: Updated:
4 ea. Yukon Gold Potatoes
1 ea. Red bell pepper
10 ea. Green beans
2 ears Yellow sweet corn
1. Roast corn in oven for 5 minutes (preferably still in its husk). Set aside to cool.
2. Small Dice potatoes and place in saute pan over medium heat with a small amount of water. Continue to add water as the potatoes cook so pan doesn't dry out.
3. While potatoes are cooking, small dice the bell pepper, green beans and cut the corn from the cob.
4. Once potatoes are cooked to desired firmness add remaining vegetable and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes. Strain any remaining water from pan if any.
5. Add fresh chopped parsley and season to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy
Recipe from: Litchfield's at The Wigwam
300 E. Wigwam Boulevard, Litchfield Park
Chompie's Potato Pancakes (a.k.a. latkes) Recipe
3 1/2 Lbs. Idaho Potatoes, peeled and shredded
1 ea. Large Onion, peeled and diced thin
4 ea. Fresh Eggs
1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
1 tsp Black Pepper
1 tsp Onion Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
8 oz. Matzo Meal
Peel and shred Idaho potatoes and drain the excess liquid. Combine diced onions, fresh eggs, salt, pepper, onion power, and baking powder in a large bowl. Add the (liquid free) shredded potatoes the onion/egg mixture. Add matzo meal by hand to the mixture, blending the ingredients together so that the mixture has a batter consistency. On a well-oiled grill pan, hand scoop each pancake and place onto griddle. Cook each side of the potato pancakes until golden brown, approx. 2 min. each side. Serve immediately. Makes approx. 12 potato pancakes.
Chompie's Deli Restaurant,Bagel Factory, Bakery & Catering
? P.V. Mall 4550 E. Cactus Road, Phoenix, AZ 85032, 602-710-2910 ? 9301 E. Shea Blvd., Scottsdale, AZ 85260, 480-860-0475 ? 3481 W. Frye Rd, Chandler, AZ 85226, 480-398-3008 ? 1160 E. University, Tempe, AZ 85281, 480-557-0700 www.chompies.com
CHOMPIE'S ARIZONA'S NEW YORK DELI IS HOLDING A CUSTOMER APPRECIATION ULTIMATE SLIDER CELEBRATION.
ON WEDNESDAY, THEY ARE OFFERING JEWISH SLIDERS FOR JUST 99 CENTS EACH-- THEY NORMALLY COST 3-99.