Great shade options to keep you cool at your July 4 barbecuePosted: Updated:
PHOENIX -- With the Fourth of July approaching, lots of summer parties and barbecues are planned. We all need some protection from our Arizona sun.
Here are some great solutions to make being outdoors much more comfortable.
- Go all the way and add a beautiful gazebo to your yard. It's like adding a covered patio, provides a comfy, cozy area to hang out while being protected from the sun and bugs if necessary.
- Pop up a quick-setup portable canopy. This solution gives you protection when you want it in your yard. Because it's portable, you take it anywhere -- to sporting events, picnics, over kiddie pools, for pets, over food areas at BBQs, etc. Then take it down when you're done and store it away.
- Umbrellas come in all colors, shapes and sizes. They're great anywhere you need just a little sun protection, including over a table, by the pool or a small one by a chair.
- Sun Shades -- California Sun Shades (Heavy duty, roll up and down), Bamboo Sun Shades, Vinyl Sun Shades (less expensive, do not last as long, pull up and down) These are great to virtually enclose a covered patio and give major protection from the sun while enjoying your patio.
- Sun Sail -- This triangular sail-like product is made of sun protective material. It mounts to posts, the side of the house, etc. It's great over kids' play areas, over pools, anywhere.
All of these options are available at The Home Depot. If you're not sure what's best for your yard, please come see us.
You can find Debbie Hernandez at the Home Depot located at Arrowhead, off the Loop 101 and 59th Avenue. For more information or to find a location near you, visit HomeDepot.com.