Closures/restrictions throughout Valley for freeway constructionPosted: Updated:
Weekend construction work will mean freeway closures all over the Valley. Before you head out, make a note of these projects from the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT):
• Loop 303 closed in both directions between Northern and Olive Avenues from 5 a.m. Saturday to 4 a.m. Monday (June 25) for water-line relocation. DETOUR: Use Cotton Lane.
• Westbound Loop 202 (Red Mountain Freeway) closed between Country Club Drive and McKellips Road from 3 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday (June 23) for installation of overhead message sign. DETOUR: Exit to southbound Country Club Drive and use westbound McKellips Road to access Loop 202.
• State Route 51 (Piestewa Freeway) closed intermittently in both directions in areas between 32nd Street and Greenway Road from 5 a.m. to noon Sunday (June 24) for APS overhead utility relocation. Delays of up to 15 minutes possible during three traffic breaks. DETOUR: Allow extra travel time and consider using an alternate route, including 32nd Street.
• Southbound Loop 101 (Price Freeway) ramp to eastbound US 60 (Superstition Freeway) closed from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday (June 25) for guard rail work. DETOUR: Exit at Guadalupe Road and turn to use northbound Loop 101 to access ramp to eastbound US 60.
• Southbound Interstate 17 narrowed to two lanes overnight between McDowell Road and the I-17/I-10 ‘Stack’ interchange from 9 p.m. Sunday to 3 a.m. Monday (June 25) for maintenance work. DETOUR: Be prepared to merge safety in work zone.