Rasberry DessertPosted: Updated:
Makes 8 servings
2 cups nonfat milk
1-1/4 cups sugar
1-1/2 tablespoons honey
1-1/4 tablespoons gelatin
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 pounds plain, nonfat yogurt
1 cup Raspberry Purée (see recipe below)
White Paint (see recipe below)
1. Combine milk, sugar, honey, gelatin, vanilla, and nutmeg in the top of a double boiler and heat to 170 degrees. Remove from heat and cool to 100 degrees.
2. Add milk mixture to yogurt. Add the zest and juice from lemon.
3. Pour mixture into serving glasses. Chill for several hours.
4. Top with Raspberry Purée and make a sauce-drawing with White Paint.
Makes 1 cup
2 twelve ounce packages frozen raspberries
6 tablespoons sugar
1. Thaw raspberries.
2. Purée in blender.
3. Add sugar and purée again.
4. Strain through a fine strainer to remove the seeds.
White Paint is made by mixing 1 cup of nonfat plain yogurt with1/4 cup skim milk, 1/2 cup sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. Both mixtures should be of a similar consistency, like a thin sauce. If white paint is too thick to draw easily, thin it down with a little water. The “paintbrush” is a toothpick. Designs are made by squeezing dots or lines or circles or other designs then using the toothpick to draw.