BUCKEYE VALLEY, Ariz. -- A fire destroyed a home in Buckeye Valley on Wednesday night. The fire may have been sparked by power lines that were brought down during a storm.
Firefighters said the fire started just as a storm was moving through the area. No one was home at the time. The homeowner was out of state when fire crews reached them.
The Buckeye Valley Fire Department, Buckeye Fire Department, Goodyear Fire Department, and Avondale Fire Department responded to the scene.
The fire burned for more than four hours, because the utility company did not cut power to the home until just before 10:00pm. After that, firefighters were finally able to douse the remaining flames and put out the hot spots.
The home is outside the Estrella Mountain Ranch subdivision near 168th Avenue and Arlington Road.