Bruschetta - 4 WaysPosted: Updated:
Bruschetta with Gorgonzola Cheese and Honey
• 36 slices baguette bread, about 1 loaf
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 8 ounces Gorgonzola, sliced
• 3 tablespoons honey
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Arrange the sliced baguette on a baking sheet. Brush with olive oil. Bake until the bread is pale golden and crisp, about 10 minutes.
Arrange the cheese on the toasts and bake until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes.
Drizzle the toasts with honey. Place on a serving platter and serve immediately.
Bruschetta with Tomato and Basil
• 1/2 baguette or crusty long loaf bread, sliced
• 2 large cloves garlic, cracked away from skin
• Extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
• 3 small plum tomatoes, halved and seeded
• 20 fresh basil leaves
• Coarse salt
Preheat broiler to high, (if you prefer you can also grill the bread). Place bread slices on a broiler pan. Char bread on each side under hot broiler, keep an eye on it! Rub toasts with cracked garlic and drizzle with oil. Chop seeded tomatoes and place in a small bowl. Pile basil leaves on top of one another and roll into a log. Thinly slice basil into green confetti and loosely combine with tomatoes. Add a drizzle of oil and a little coarse salt to the bowl and gently toss tomatoes and basil to coat. Pile toasts around the bowl of topping. Place a spoon to scoop topping in bowl and serve.
Tomato, Mozzarella and Basil Bruschetta
• 5 whole tomatoes, drained
• 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, washed
• 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 4 cloves garlic, peeled
• Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
• 2 large French baquettes, sliced 1-inch thick
• 1 pounds fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In the bowl add tomatoes, 1/2 cup basil leaves, olive oil and 2 cloves garlic. salt and pepper.
On a baking sheet, line up baguette slices. Toast in oven for about 3 minutes or until light golden brown. Working quickly, rub the remaining garlic on the toasted side of each slice and then lay a piece of mozzarella cheese on top. Place bread back in oven and melt cheese slightly, about 45 seconds. Remove from oven and spread one tablespoon of the tomato mixture on each piece.
Wild Mushroom Bruschetta
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 tablespoons onion, minced
• 2 cups mixed mushrooms, chopped
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• 1 teaspoon dried basil
• Balsamic vinegar
• 1 baguette
In skillet heat olive oil. Cook garlic and onion until golden. Add mushrooms, thyme, basil, salt and pepper. Add a splash of vinegar. Cook until mushrooms begin to wilt. Cut baguette into 1/2 '' slices and toast. Top baguette with mushrooms and serve