Spring Lamb with RosemaryPosted: Updated:
• Two 8-bone racks of lamb, frenched
• Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
• 2 garlic cloves, mashed into a paste with a little salt
• Several sprigs of rosemary, leaves coarsely chopped
• Olive oil
• Season the racks liberally with salt and pepper. Using your hands, rub each rack with the garlic, the chopped rosemary, and a drizzle of olive oil. Place the racks, fatty side up on the grill.
• Grill the racks for about 5 to 8 minutes, until they’re nicely browned and have an interior temperature of 125°F (51°C) on an instant-read thermometer for medium-rare. Remove from the grill, cover loosely with foil, and let rest for about 5 minutes.
• Transfer the racks to a cutting board and carve them by slicing between the bones. Arrange the chops on the warm platter and serve.