Open Faced Green Chile Omelet with Avocado Cream and CilantroPosted: Updated:
Serves 1; 20 minutes
3 large eggs, beaten in a small mixing bowl with a pinch of salt and pepper
1 T olive oil
1 small green chile, cored, seeded, and cut into ¼” pieces
Pinch salt and pepper
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves, rinsed and dried to be used as garnish
1. Preheat broiler on high.
2. Place an ovenproof nonstick pan over medium high heat and add olive oil.
3. When hot add green chile.
4. Add the egg mixture and stir for 2 minutes until eggs begin to firm up.
5. Turn heat down to medium for 2 minutes.
6. Place under broiler for 30 seconds until top is light tan.
Can be served on Fish, Chicken, Tofu, Turkey Taco Mix
1 medium ripe avocado (must be soft but firm to the touch) peeled and with pit removed.
¼ cup non fat sour cream
¼ tsp ground cumin
¼ tsp red chili powder
Salt and pepper
1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth and creamy
1. Place omelet on plate
2. Spoon over avocado cream
3. Sprinkle with Cilantro leaves.