Salsa Brava Taco SeasoningPosted: Updated:
Stop buying store-bought taco seasoning!
Chef John Conley will show you how to make your own. It
tastes much better than what you get in stores.
• 1 tablespoon of chili powder
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon of salt
• 1 teaspoon of black pepper
• Mix all of the ingredients in a bowl, store in air tight bag.
This will keep for 2 months and can be used to liven up a variety of dishes!
Spaghetti Squash tacos with handmade corn tortillas – Salsa Brava
• 1 large Spaghetti squash halved and seeded
• 2 teaspoon vegetable oil
• 1 small onion
• 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
• 1 pinch salt
• 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Place squash cut side down and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Strip the squash from the rind with a fork.
Heat vegetable oil in skillet over medium heat, cook the onion and pepper until the onion is browned, 7 to 10 minutes.
Add the squash and taco seasoning and cook for additional 5 minutes...stuff mixture into fresh made corn tortillas and enjoy!