HOTLINE: Saturday Feb. 4Posted: Updated:
Management Phoenix Open "Green Out"
Brittney Shipp was live out at Waste Management Phoenix Open "Green Out" Tour leaders are calling for a "green out" on Saturday February 4th at the TPC Scottsdale for the Waste Management Phoenix Open. Those who attend are asked to wear green to support Waste Management's Greening initiatives. For more information go to http://wmphoenixopen.com/
Great Canadian Picnic
The Great Canadian Picnic will take place Saturday February 4th from 10am to 3pm at South Mountain Park located at 10919 S. Central Ave. in Phoenix. For more information call 602-262-7393 or go to http://canadianpicnic.com
Carnaval Do Brazil
The third Annual Carnaval Do Brazill will take place Saturday February 4th beginning 8pm at the 910 Live located at 910 N. McClintock Drive in Tempe. Tickets are $15. For more information call 602-518-4145 or go to http://carnavalbrazilaz.com.
Glendale Chocolate Affaire
The Glendale Chocolate Affaire runs Friday February 3rd through Sunday February 5th in Downtown Glendale. For more information go to http://www.glendaleaz.com/events/chocolateaffaire.cfm
Teen driving restrictions and texting while driving laws
For more legislative information from AAA Arizona go to http://www.az.aaa.com/news/legislativenews.htm or call 1-800-352-5382
Chris Akard Fitness
The Akard Fitness Studio is located at 4328 N Wells Fargo Avenue, Suite 4 in Scottsdale. Call 480-941-0211 to make an appointment or visit www.akard.com.
Super Bowl Ad Preview
The Lavidge Company is located at 2777 E. Camelback Rd., Suite 300 in Phoenix. For more information call (480) 998-2600 or go to www.lavidge.com
www.ShowUp.com provides a comprehensive calendar of the theater, music, dance, art, festivals and cultural attractions throughout the Valley and around Arizona - along with a Ticket Marketplace that sells last-minute discount tickets. Sign up for "You've Got Shows!" at www.ShowUp.com for a chance to win free tickets. ShowUp.com is a project of the non-profit Alliance for Audience and Matt Lehrman is its Executive Director.
Valentine's Day Gift Ideas
Beautiful Valentine’s Day Throw Pillows can be found at In The Pink Boutique- 44th and Camelback behind AJ’s or at www.inthepinkboutique.com
Ta-Ta-Toos can be found online at www.tatatoos.com
Lisa Leonard jewelry can be found at www.LisaLeonardonline.com
Men's spa robe can be found at www.theanniversaryrose.com
Bookadoo magazines are available at http://www.bookadoo.com/adult-books.aspx
Sweet Embrace Necklace are available at http://www.mothersboutique.com/motherslove.html
Feminine sleepwear is available at http://www.cakelingerie.com/online-store/index.php.
Zia Record Store has 4 valley locations. You can find more information at www.ziarecords.com
Yield: 12 Cones
12 Thin Slices of Cured Meat (Genoa, Soppressata, Dry Italian Salami etc..)
For Caprese Cone:
1 Ripe Tomato, seeds removed, small diced
2 tbsp. small diced fresh mozzarella cheese
5 fresh basil leaves chopped plus 2 basil leaves minced
1 tsp. minced fresh parsley
Extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste.
4 ounces softened cream cheese (use for both types of cones)
For the Balsamic Grilled Vegetable Cone:
1 Zucchini cut into spears
1 Yellow Squash cut into spears
1/2 red onion sliced thick
1 portobello mushroom cleaned
5 Kalamata olives pitted, chopped
1 clove garlic
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
Method of Preparation:
1. Prepare cream cheese by combining softened cream cheese with the 2 minced basil leaves and minced parsley. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a piping bag with a small tip and reserve for later.
2. Laying each slice of meat flat on cutting board. Slice half way through each piece (radius). Reserve
3. In a separate mixing bowl combine zucchini, squash, red onion and portobello mushroom. Add balsamic, olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread out vegetables onto a lined baking sheet and roast at 400 degrees until cooked and aromatic. Refrigerate until cold. Small dice mix, add minced garlic and chopped olives. Adjust seasoning and reserve.
4. In a mixing bowl, combine diced tomato, mozzarella, and remaining basil. Season to taste with extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper. Refrigerate until needed.
5. To assemble: take a slice of cured meat and roll into a cone shape using the slit you made in it. Once cone is formed, fill bottom with cream cheese mix to help hold cone together and keep filling from dripping. Fill each cone with either either the caprese mix or the balsamic vegetable mix. Arrange carefully on a tray by laying them down with the seam side facing down. If you want a more dramatic presentation, use shot glasses and place one cone in each standing up and arrange on a platter. Serve and enjoy.
Chef's Note: Feel free to experiment with different fillings.... it is a blank canvas waiting for your imagination!