Mediterranean Lentil SaladPosted: Updated:
• 1 pound lentils
• 2 scallions, chopped
1 Green bell pepper, seeded and diced
• 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and diced
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
• 1/2 cup coarsely chopped skinned and toasted hazelnuts
• 2 teaspoons lemon zest (from about 2 lemons)
• 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
• 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
For the Salad:
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the lentils and cook until tender, stirring occasionally, about 18 to 20 minutes. Drain and let cool for 5 minutes. Place lentils and remaining salad ingredients in a large salad bowl.
For the Vinaigrette:
Place the lemon juice in a small bowl. Slowly add the oil, whisking constantly, until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss well.