HOTLINE: Saturday, Dec. 24Posted: Updated:
Eco Friendly Ice Skating at Schnepf Farms
Brittney Shipp was live out at Schnepf Farms to check out their new eco-friendly ice skating rink. The farm is located at 24810 East Rittenhouse Road in Queen Creek. Cost for skating is $8pp Hours for ice skating and Christmas on the farm are: 12 to 8pm 7 days a week. The farm will be closed Christmas Day. For more information call 480.987.3100 or visit the website: www.schnepffarms.com
The Wildlife World Zoo
The Wildlife World Zoo is located at 16501 W. Northern Ave. in Litchfield Park. For more information on all the zoo's exciting attractions and events, call 623-935-WILD or check out their website www.wildlifeworld.com. For more pet training tips from Dr. Grey Stafford, visit www.iReinforce.com
Chris Akard Fitness
The Akard Fitness Studio is located at 4328 N Wells Fargo Avenue, Suite 4 in Scottsdale. Call 480-941-0211 to make an appointment or visit www.akard.com.
Dr. Art Mollen
For more information about the health topics Dr. Art Mollen spoke about, call (602)264-9806
www.ShowUp.com provides a comprehensive calendar of the theater, music, dance, art, festivals and cultural attractions throughout the Valley and around Arizona - along with a Ticket Marketplace that sells last-minute discount tickets. Sign up for "You've Got Shows!" at www.ShowUp.com for a chance to win free tickets. ShowUp.com is a project of the non-profit Alliance for Audience and Matt Lehrman is its Executive Director.
Wally's Weekly Car Review
For more on Wally Cahill: www.azmotorsportsmania.tv
Chef Dad's Cabo Casserole
1 lb. Box of Macaroni Noodles
1 lb. Ground Chorizo (pork or beef)
1/2 lb. Ground Beef
1 Green Bell Pepper (diced)
1 Red Bell Pepper (diced)
1 Onion (diced)
2 Tbsp. Garlic (diced)
1 lb. Box of Velveeta® Mexican Blend Cheese (cubed)
1/2 Stick of butter
1 Pint (16 oz.) Half & Half
1/2 Cup Manchego* Cheese (shredded or grated)
1) Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a saucepan over low heat, combine cubed Velveeta, butter and half & half then cover. Allow ingredients to heat slowly. Stir every few minutes until cheese has completely melted. Turn off heat and keep covered until later.
3) Start heating a large pot of salted water for noodles but don't put them in yet.
4) Heat a large skillet over medium high heat for a few minutes then add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and both meats. Chop well with a wooden spoon and cook meat completely. Remove from heat, drain fat and set aside.
5) In a frying pan over medium high heat, sauté diced veggies (peppers, onion & garlic) in a skillet with about 1 tablespoon of each olive oil plus a few pinches of salt & pepper. Stir vegetables often until tender, approx. 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
6) Cook macaroni noodles per box instructions. Drain well.
7) In a large bowl, combine and mix together the meat, veggies, cheese mixture, noodles plus the manchego cheese. Pour mixture into a large buttered or sprayed casserole dish. Sprinkle a few tablespoons of olive oil over top then bake for 30-35 minutes or until sides are bubbling and the top starts to brown a bit.
Cooks Notes: *Manchego cheese can be found in most grocery stores in the same place you find wedges of fresh parmesan cheese. In fact, it's the Spanish version of parmesan but slightly nuttier. But, parmesan cheese can be used instead if you'd like.