ShowUp.com October 22, 2011Posted: Updated:
Tess Rafols interviews ShowUp.com Executive Director Matt Lehrman about Theatre, Music, Dance, Art, Festivals & Cultural Attractions. This week features:
1) Who Shot Rock & Roll: A Photographic History, 1955 to the Present: presented by Tucson Museum of Art, with guest curator Gail Buckland from the Brooklyn Museum. Opens today, October 22 through January 15.
2) Free Public Opening: presented by Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Art (SMoCA) on Friday, October 28, 7:00-9:00 p.m. FREE featuring 4 new exhibitions: Artists Tell Stories, Kirsten Everberg, Speak Peace, and People’s Biennial, including local and international artists appearances, live artist (Joseph Perez, from the People's Biennial exhibition) creating art by break-dancing, and FREE homemade ice cream by artist Rudy Speerschneider. Also, the newly designed SMoCA lounge opens, designed by artist Janis Leonard, a cool place to eat and drink in the museum! New, later SMoCA hours, until 10 p.m. on Fri and Sat nights, to encourage the lounge atmosphere!
3) A Halloween Fantasia: presented by Flagstaff Symphony Orchestra on Friday, October 28 at 7:30 p.m. in NAU’s Ardrey Memorial Auditorium in Flagstaff. Includes selections from Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Phantom of the Opera, and Wicked.
4) What About Luv: presented by Arizona Jewish Theatre, opens Thursday, October 27 through November 6, at the John Paul Theatre in Phoenix.
5) Blue Man Group: presented by ASU Gammage, open November 1 through November 6. Great for the whole family!!! **giveaway of a FAMILY FOUR PACK (4) of tickets to the premiere show of Blue Man Group at ASU Gammage, on November 1, 7:30 p.m., enter to win by subscribing to our email listing, “You’ve Got Shows!” on ShowUp.com, by Sunday night at midnight, we already gave away one family four pack to subscribers, and this one is for new subscribers.**
6) ShowUp.com is growing a virtual pumpkin patch! Help build the World’s First Virtual Pumpkin Patch on Facebook, the pumpkins are a fundraisers to help support Alliance for Audience, the non-profit organization that helps run ShowUp.com, each pumpkin is just a $5 donation, or 5 for $19.99 and allows you to create a personal message on the pumpkin, go to ShowUp.com Ticket Marketplace to purchase your pumpkin and help ShowUp.com stay around to promote all the arts & cultural happenings!
Make sure to go to ShowUp.com to see thousands of other events happening in the Greater Phoenix area, Tucson, Flagstaff and Prescott!