Ten Under Ten Drug Store Beauty BuysPosted: Updated:
My local Walgreens has a terrific beauty consultant who always knows her stuff and gives me good tips. In fact, she is so good at what she does, that we recently invited her to join our team of writers at managedmoms.com! To read more about Bianca, visit www.managedmoms.com and click under the team page.
Bianca has been the brains behind my monthly beauty article that shows ten hot beauty products that are sold at Walgreens for under ten bucks. Bianca chooses items that are either brand new, top sellers and/or loved by Bianca and her colleagues. Here are Bianca's beauty buys picks:
1. Revlon Diamond Lust Eye Shadow ($5.49) -- This eye shadow is full on color and very glam, making it a great shadow to try for the holidays. She especially likes the "Neptune Star" shade.
2. L'Oreal False Fiber Lashes Mascara ($8.99) -- This just arrived in Walgreens stores and the mascara fiber coats and extends lashes.
3. Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes ($5.99) -- Maybelline's popular pink tube of Great Lash mascara has been around for 40 years, so it is big news that a new version has just been introduced. The original formula has a different brush compared to the new Lots of Lashes, which has a heart-shaped brush. Two quick coats works wonders on your lashes.
4. L'Oreal Colour Riche le Gloss ($7.99) -- This lip gloss provides supreme cream lip cover in a pretty gloss that flatters lovely lips.
5. Maybelline Baby Lips Moisturizing Lip Balm SPF 20 Sunscreen (3.99) -- Maybelline's Baby Lips Lip Balm is brand new in the beauty aisle. And it is already a customer favorite.
6. Essie Nail Polish ($8) -- Bianca is thrilled that Walgreens now carries this great nail polish brand. Plus Essie's has some new shades that are sure to match your purse like the pink shade called "Lady Like" and the plum color named "Carry On" or try the suede brown "Case Study" or the grey shade, "Power Clutch."
7. Softsoap Bar Soap ($4.99) -- If you like the Softsoap line, you will be happy to know that this brand has created a bar version. Try the Juicy Pomegranate & Mango Infusions with natural Pomegranate extract or the Mango Infusions.
8. Turbie Twist ($6.99) -- I agree with Bianca on this one for sure because my daughter loves her twist! I appreciate that she can quickly wrap her freshly-washed hair all by herself making our bedtime routine a little smoother. And for us grown up gals, this can also be used when doing a facial, mask or sunless tanning.
9. Olay Quench Daily Lotion Plus Shimmer with Cocoa Butter ($9.99) -- For under $10, Olay gives you a big bottle of this silky lotion that not only hydrates, but leaves a little shimmer on skin, too. Perfect for the holidays.
10. Frizz Ease Hair Spray ($4.99) -- Prevents frizz, blocks humidity and helps to keep a holiday up do up.
What are your favorite drug store beauty items? Share here in the comments section and stay tuned for another ten under ten next month. Be sure to check out managedmoms.com for more beauty news, parenting tips, recipes, pet pics and more.