CHANDLER – Three Chandler businesses are going to be closed for the foreseeable future after a late-night fire at a strip mall.
It happened just before 11 p.m. Tuesday near Arizona Avenue and Knox Road, which is south of Warner Road.
There was quite a bit of thick smoke, but firefighters said they were able to contain the flames to a single suite that housed a MoneyGram check-cashing business.
While the fire damage was contained, smoke and water damage were a bit more widespread, affecting two other nearby businesses.
Damage estimates were not immediately available, but the businesses will not be able to open for at least the next several days, possibly longer.
Crews know that the fire started in the attic of the building, but they do not yet know what sparked it.
Nobody was inside any of the businesses when the fire broke out. No injuries were reported.
An investigation is under way.